KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2014-w7

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Feb 11 15:50:11 GMT 2014

Hello everyone,

This is the minutes of the Week 6 KF5 meeting. As usual it has been held on
#kde-devel at 4pm Paris time.

Were present: afiestas, agateau, alexmerry, apol, dfaure, dgilo, krake,
mgraesslin, Riddell, teo, tosky and myself.

Announcement:
 * Alpha 1 still not published;
 * Please make sure if you got some tasks that it's status is up to date:
   http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/KF5.0_Release_Preparation
   (especially relevant for agateau, alexmerry and valir);
 * We need to push toward completion for the "in progress" tasks;

 * afiestas got greenlight from valir to push his first patch into kwallet;
 * he'll also ask for reviews on the pam module;
 * he's going to discuss the kwallet vs ksecretservices plans with teo and
valir;

 * agateau is done with the README files;
 * he also wrote the framework documentation policy;
 * he's almost done with having the dependency diagrams on api.kde.org;

 * alexmerry is moving some kimgio stuff into Qt but will miss the 5.3 freeze;
 * he also did a bit of reviewing, he has a few requests waiting;
 * he'd like to see more people browsing though the kdeframeworks group on
reviewboard (very important job);

 * apol split krunner from plasma-framework;
 * he's also been working on kde-runtime splitting to the mix;

 * dfaure packed up alpha 1;
 * he also added kactivities and plasma-framework;
 * the packagers reported success except for plasma-framework (investigation
in progress);

 * krake succeeded in porting ki18n to QtScript which will make it tier 1 once
the patch is in;

 * mgraesslin made sure kwindowsystem builds without x11;
 * thanks to our awesome sysadmins we have a build variation for that case;
 * he's also testing apps over wayland and fixing problems as he finds them;
 * he also fixed Qt for 5.3 so that the wayland platform backend uses our
platform theme;

 * Riddell has to discuss entry.desktop in language packs with l10n people;
 * he's also rewriting the kdeoptions man page;

 * teo found out that ksecretsservice needs some love;
 * he also ported it to kf5;

 * tosky delayed some of his changes because of alpha 1 unclear status;

 * dgilo is cleaning up kcompletion, two reviews pending.

If you got questions, feel free to ask.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net