Changes to branch management

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Dec 24 11:53:52 GMT 2014

Hi!

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 14:11:46 +1300
Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> That brings the list of protected branches requested thus far to:
>
> master
> frameworks
> KDE/*
> Applications/*
> Plasma/*
> Calligra/*
>
> Any others?

Extragear apps may have different names for release series branches. For
RKWard, we currently have releases/*. That said, I think the risk of
someone deleting these branches seems quite tolerable, given that there
are backup refs. No need to add protection rules for these as far as I
am concerned.

However, just to bring in yet another idea, a different approach would
be whitelisting certain branch names for deletion, e.g. devel/*
(static prefix(es) as opposed to user-name prefix as suggested by
others).

Regards
Thomas