API Breakage?: Re: [kcmutils] src: Fix typo in headers generation

Martin Klapetek mklapetek at kde.org
Wed Dec 10 23:15:03 GMT 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 12:09 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> Can we get both "the correct" and the old way and mark it as deprecated?
>
> "the correct" way is cool since it helps us by having the same way of using
> stuff on all frameworks, predictibility is awesome.

And it eases up porting from kdelibs4support but not having to change all
the includes.

> "the old" way gives us the compatibility we promise.
>
> Now, i've no clue what i'm talking about so excuse me if i'm suggesting
> something stupid :D

I was acutally thinking about the same, would mean the headers are
duplicated
though. Additionally the old headers could have some #pragma message
so it tells people while building.

The argument against was that whatever would use "the correct" wouldn't
build
against older frameworks...which in the cases I know about wouldn't be a
problem
because they depend on master anyway, so bumping the min version in their
find_package(..) wouldn't be a problem.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer