New framework to review: KPackage

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Dec 9 23:34:56 GMT 2014

El Dimecres, 3 de desembre de 2014, a les 16:29:11, Marco Martin va escriure:
> Hi all,
>
> In the past weeks I have been working on a new framework, called KPackage.
> (during Akademy seemed there was some interest for applications to use it)
> It comes from the old classes Plasma::Package, so is actually old and tested
> code.
>
> It can be used by any application that wants to ship any additional "non-
> binary" content, such as extension scripts, extra artwork, or anything that
> for instance can be shipped via get hot new stuff.
> It should be a Tier 2 framework, as depends from
> karchive,kcoreaddons,ki18n,kconfig
>
> Plasma::Package will become a simple dumb wrapper around KPackage for
> retrocompatibility (and deprecated)
>
> applications to use it should implement a little plugin for the package
> structure, that tells where it should install stuff, what kind of content
> supplies (for instance javascript files under the code/subdirectory)
> and the Package class will offer an api to access files from it
> there is also a simple little tool called kpackagetool that can be used to
> install, remove and list packages.
>
> I would like to submit it (kpackage repo) for the usual 2 weeks period of
> review.

Add const &
    void setDefaultMimeTypes(QStringList mimeTypes);
    void setMimeTypes(const char *key, QStringList mimeTypes);

You probably want a Q_DISABLE_COPY or similar in PackageLoader

Add const &
    foreach (QString prefix, d->contentsPrefixPaths) {

All those "char *" params make me a bit unhappy, any reason those are not
QString or QByteArray?

Cheers,
  Albert