KFind

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Fri Dec 5 09:44:46 GMT 2014

Le Friday 05 December 2014 10:33:07 Martin Gräßlin a écrit :
> On Friday 05 December 2014 10:00:24 laurent Montel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think that we can use Dolphin to search files.
> > I want to remove Kfind from kde-baseapps.
> > It was not ported and there is not maintainer.
> >
> > If nobody has an objection I will remove it at before christmas.
>
> I don't think that Dolphin's search is a working replacement for KFind as it
> uses an indexer which only indexes a subset of the system by default.
> Dolphin's search is awesome, but it's not a solution for when I need to use
> KFind.

Ok I see.

> I'm also surprised that you say not ported, because I remember to have
> ported it ;-)

Indeed it's not finish to port (I worked on it too).
Still depend against kdelibs4support .

Ok so we still need to have a maintainer which will finish porting.

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,  http://www.kdab.fr