KFind

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Dec 5 09:33:07 GMT 2014

On Friday 05 December 2014 10:00:24 laurent Montel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that we can use Dolphin to search files.
> I want to remove Kfind from kde-baseapps.
> It was not ported and there is not maintainer.
>
> If nobody has an objection I will remove it at before christmas.

I don't think that Dolphin's search is a working replacement for KFind as it
uses an indexer which only indexes a subset of the system by default.
Dolphin's search is awesome, but it's not a solution for when I need to use
KFind.

I'm also surprised that you say not ported, because I remember to have ported
it ;-)

Cheers
Martin