Proposal to improving KDE Software Repository Organization

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Aug 19 09:18:17 BST 2014

On Tuesday 19 August 2014 19:10:14 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> The old kf5-qt5 / latest-qt4 names are being mapped to division /
> track combinations. They are otherwise not used.

Ah!

> Just a clarification though: there would only be two divisions for the
> above scenario: Plasma5 and KF5.
> Plasma5 would then have two tracks: stable and devel. KF5 would have
> it's single track.

Ah!

OK it's a lot clearer to me now.

I thought a division was an overall selection of everything
(like kf5-qt5 was).
Now I see, it's a group of modules, e.g. just KF5, or just Plasma5.
This makes a lot more sense, and leads to understandable naming, I like it :)

I assume a future kdesrc-buildrc will look like a selection of *one or many*
divisions, with a track for each one, then.

All sounds very good, +1.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5