Kronometer now in KDE Review

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kdemail.net
Wed Apr 23 12:17:02 BST 2014

Hi Thomas,

> Am Freitag, 18. April 2014 schrieb Elvis Angelaccio :
>
> > Final screenshot with all these changes:
> http://abload.de/img/kronometerdrkjq.png
>
> I think by "right align", Ingo meant numerical, not pixelwise, ie the
> display should be
>
> 00 00 00 00
> even if the left digit would be invisible

This screenshot restores the previous, center, alignment of the labels and
adds the left digit for the hours: http://abload.de/img/kronometer1rjkbz.png

> It's actually that you probably best would fake a monospace font, so that
> the left digit stays in place while the right one iterates.
> You'd best drop QLabel and paint the widget yourself, but it's possible.
> Even using just more labels and custom layout management.

I don't understand. Since there are only numbers I think that your point is
already accomplished. At least on my system, which uses DejaVu Sans as
default font, the left digits stay in place while the right ones iterate.
Have you found a particular font that doesn't look this way?

> Cheers,
> Thomas

Regards,
Elvis