Fwd: looking for phonon gstreamer maintainer

Todd toddrjen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 09:35:14 BST 2013

I looked at the QtGstreamer git recently and there is still work going on,
but the focus seemed to be on splitting out QtGlib and the Qt5 port. It
looks like that should be a release with those changes ready soon. I assume
the gstreamer 1 port well be next, although I think some work in that area
is already done.

On Sep 30, 2013 10:17 AM, "Weng Xuetian" <wengxt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another question, gstreamer is not parallel linkable, and ktp-call-ui is
currently using QtGstreamer (which also seems unmaintained for quite some
time) and it's using gstreamer 0.10.

> So if phonon-gstreamer is ported to gstreamer then QtGstreamer also must
be ported to 1.0 (Though phonon-gstreamer and QtGstreamer doesn't use each
other but they could end up in same application which will cause some
problem..).

> Would it be easier to make phonon-gstreamer to use QtGstreamer and hence
also make someone to maintain QtGstreamer?