kde review kartesio

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Oct 27 18:03:55 GMT 2013

написане Sun, 27 Oct 2013 19:30:56 +0200, Albert Astals Cid
<aacid at kde.org>:

> El Dijous, 9 de maig de 2013, a les 18:06:16, LucaTringali va escriure:
>> Hello,I have been working on Kartesio, a program for calculating best
>> fit
>> curves with experimental points. I think it is ready to be moved in the
>> KDE
>> Edu main repo now, so I'm asking your approval.I followed the guidelines
>> (http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle) and Kartesio is
>> actually in KDE
>> review:https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/kartesioFor any
>> question, ask me. Luca Tringali
>
> Hi Luca, have you worked on addressing the points raised in the comments
> you
> were made?
>
> Also I am wondering if kdeedu is really the place for this app, I
> understand
> it's a very useful application for science/laboratory situations, but is
> that
> really something a student would use?
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert

Hi,

Just a point of view. It is somewhat fit kdeedu ideally. At least in the
same order of magnitude as Rocs or Cantor.

There are many other professional tools for curves fitting (Scilab, Octave
for various data fitting algorithms, RKWard and PSPP for regressions).
Kartesio is very good to acknowledge students with the basics of some
modern data fitting algorithms.

If you think is does not, can the module for kde-science be created for
such applications (Kartesio, Rocs, KST, Cantor, Cirkuit, KStars (its
latest improvements are largely for professional and astronomy hobbyists,
not for students ;) ) maybe RKWard if its developers ever decide to join)?

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,
Yuri