kactivities master becomes Qt5/KF5-based

Albert Astals Cid tsdgeos at yahoo.es
Mon Oct 21 17:53:49 BST 2013

El Dilluns, 21 d'octubre de 2013, a les 18:43:20, Ivan Čukić va escriure:
> > I was planning to branch master into KDE/4.12 after October 30 and
> > before November 6.
>
> Forget about it. Decided not to create problems - I'll use the same name
> for the branch as kdelibs do for the time being - frameworks :)
>
> Also it means that you don't want a 4.13.x for kactivities, right?
>

> Yes. The development of 4.x branch is frozen for some time now.

Well, to be honest, if you don't want a 4.13 release i'd prefer you actually
use master for KF5. Otherwise people might random-commit fixes to master and
then wonder why they never got into a release, so the two situations i think
make sense are:

 A) wait until we branch "KDE/4.12" and then use "master" for KF5, not release
kactivities 4.13 and maybe release more 4.12.x of kactivities than the rest of
the SC if there are fixes for it

or

 B) use "frameworks" for KF5, keep master "open" for 4.13 and just release it
like the rest of the SC for 4.13 even if there were no changes.

I do think A) makes sense if you don't have a focus on 4.x anymore.

Am I making any sense?

Cheers,
  Albert