Adopting AppData in KDE?

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Tue Nov 5 17:11:02 GMT 2013

2013/11/5 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:57:28 Richard Hughes wrote:
>> On 5 November 2013 12:18, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
>> > why do you need to know this? can AppStream not call external tools to do
>> > the installation?
>>
>> The way AppStream is generated in Fedora is we:
>
> ok ... this is separate from App Data, then?
Yes. I wrote about that:
http://blog.tenstral.net/2013/11/appstream-clarifications.html
AppData is just a new (but very good) source to provide data for the
AppStream generator.

The case of installing Plasmoids would actually be handled by
something like Listaller (but I think even for that it would be out of
scope, since plasmapkg already exists - this might make some sense to
implement it in KDE software-centers only and enhance the AppStream
data with an application type (like type="plasmoid"))
Cheers,
    Matthias