Adopting AppData in KDE?

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 3 14:08:41 GMT 2013

On Sunday 03 November 2013 13:50:05 Richard Hughes wrote:
> I don't think that's true at all. Krita and Inkscape are two of the
> killer apps I'd love to feature more prominently in GNOME Software.

Yes, and of course both applications would do anything it takes to get listed
in the package manager. Still, if KDE would go with its own thing it would be
unnecessarily painful. I just wanted to say that KDE doing its own thing is a
kind of virtual option since nobody would profit from it.

We're probably getting into a fight over uninteresting details here, sorry for
bringing them up. I just wanted to make two points, which are
 - looking for this metadata file is not a good way to ensure quality
 - I like the spec but I do not like the way it is presented to KDE.

On Sunday 03 November 2013 15:04:16 Felix Rohrbach wrote:
> Personally, I think it's a good idea to have something like AppData, but
> as a way to let an application present itself, not as something
> applications are forced to use.
Exactly.

Greetings,
Sven