Adopting AppData in KDE?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Nov 3 12:32:26 GMT 2013

El Diumenge, 3 de novembre de 2013, a les 12:22:52, Richard Hughes va
escriure:
> On 3 Nov 2013 11:59, "Albert Astals Cid" <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > I've never created a standard so I can't comment on how to do it
>
> properly, but
>
> > writing it and then "threatening" to exclude from package managers those
>
> that
>
> > don't adopt it doesn't seem to be a way to start a discussion to me
>
> This is what we've decided to do in GNOME, KDE is free to decide any policy
> it wants. We've decided that 500 high quality applications are better than
> 3000 broken ones.

As already other people proved in this thread, having appdata means nothing
about quality, it just means whoever released the app caved to your threat of
removing the app from the package manager if it does not have that magic file.

The fact that you keep repeating it, does makes not it true.

I am all for listing "high quality applications", it's just that this just
doesn't help.

Cheers,
  Albert