Adopting AppData in KDE?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 12:22:52 GMT 2013

On 3 Nov 2013 11:59, "Albert Astals Cid" <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> I've never created a standard so I can't comment on how to do it
properly, but
> writing it and then "threatening" to exclude from package managers those
that
> don't adopt it doesn't seem to be a way to start a discussion to me

This is what we've decided to do in GNOME, KDE is free to decide any policy
it wants. We've decided that 500 high quality applications are better than
3000 broken ones.

KDE is free to ignore AppData if it chooses, although I think a large
number of people think the metadata is worthwhile to add.

Richard