Adopting AppData in KDE?

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 2 15:10:20 GMT 2013

On Saturday 02 November 2013 14:37:02 Richard Hughes wrote:
> Well, I've not done any technical review of the OCS code, but in
> Fedora I've chosen to use fedora-tagger for ratings and comments. It's
> not hardcoded and I'd be open to doing something else.
I have worked with OCS in the past on a technical level (I have implemented
part of it) and I would not recommend to use it as a basis for any new
project, at least not without *significant* revision.
Most of the requests have severe design flaws, especially there's usually an
arbitrary number (e.g. 12 screenshots) of items allowed for which there are 12
different tags called <screenshot1>, <screenshot2> etc. which makes everything
a pain. This pattern is in like every request.

Greetings,
Sven