kdev-python move to extragear -- once more

Todd toddrjen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 23:03:14 GMT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Alexander Dymo <alex at alexdymo.com> wrote:

> I mean what can't be fixed, can't be fixed. At the end if Pino thinks the
>> python 2 fork is insecure he's always free to not package it in Debian.
>>

> If I was Sven, I'd drop Python2 support. But it's his call. I also think
> kdev-python should go forward.

Definitely not.  Python 2 still has a huge user base, and there is a lot of
python software that will take years to port to python 3, if it will be
ported at all.  It might be worth considering dropping support down the
road, but right now python 2 is still the default in many Linux distros, it
is still the only option for many windows python suites, is still the
standard for most scientific applications, and is still the standard for
most web servers.  We are only a few weeks into having django support
python 3, for example.