kdev-python move to extragear -- once more

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 20 09:27:55 GMT 2013

Hi,

my patch to python [1] was merged recently, so I could start working
on porting kdev-python away from the python fork. [2] is a branch
which is up-to-date with master and works without the fork, it just
links against the system's python 3.4. It's not perfect yet, but
neither was the old python 3 support branch. As soon as Python 3.4 is
released, this brach will be the default.

Since the patch contains (binary and source) incompatible changes, it
cannot be backported to python 2. Thus, the python 2 version of the
plugin will have to stay with the fork for the remainder of its
lifetime.

It's not going to get much better than this. If we can't move this to
extragear now, then I don't see why we could do it anywhere in the
near future. Also there's really nothing more I can do about it now.

Please let me know what you think.

Greetings,
Sven

______