cxx11-cmake-modules in kdereview

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sat Mar 2 13:27:35 GMT 2013

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Rolf Eike Beer <kde at opensource.sf-tec.de>wrote:

> Am Freitag, 1. März 2013, 16:06:38 schrieb Ivan Čukić:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > The CMake modules for detecting C++11 features are going to get in
> kdereview
> > soon. The target for the repository is kdesupport.
>
> There is a feature request for CMake itself to provide such a module, and I
> have half of the implementation already done. It will not go into 2.8.11,
> but
> the aim is definitely 2.8.12.

I also had the impression last year when talking about the issue that it is
more like upstream cmake material rather than e-c-m, kdesupport and so
forth.

So if it is possible to have something similar achieved without yet another
> module I would definitely say to avoid introducing this new module. If
> there
> are 2 users or maybe 4 I would say put those few files directly in those
> repositories, replace it with the ones from upstream CMake when it arrives
> there and drop it altogether once you bump the required CMake version to
> 2.8.12 or something.

Sounds reasonable to me. I have been doing the same with the Blackberry
platform modules I wrote.

Laszlo