Techbase: schedules for playground and extragear

Peter Grasch me at bedahr.org
Wed Jun 5 17:40:09 BST 2013

On 06/05/2013 06:23 PM, Eike Hein wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 June 2013 23:50:26 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> The idea is to have a centralized point of information for all
>> the software, of course if maintainers ignore the page it won't
>> work. I'd rather have people care about the page than delete it,
>> but as making people care is hard, sure go ahead and kill it.
>
> AFAIK the purpose of those pages is mostly so our translation teams
> have a central place to find out when projects are plan- ning a
> release so they can prioritize their efforts.
For "independent" releases, which does include releases of extragear,
the "official" procedure is to announce to kde-i18n-doc. There is no
mention of the schedule site at all:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/i18n_Challenges#Independent_Releases

Translators: Do you think a central schedule would be helpful or is
the announcement on the mailing list sufficient?

Best regards,
Peter