KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2013-w31

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jul 30 18:06:18 BST 2013

On terça-feira, 30 de julho de 2013 17:21:00, Kevin Ottens wrote:
>  * apol merged his changes to use QFontsDatabase instead of KGlobalSettings;
> * he is now looking into moving KStringHandler::naturalCompare to Qt;

We discussed this and we think QCollator already solves the problem. There may
be nothing for apol to do.

Except, maybe, figure out what to do with QCollator. This is a class that
definitely needs ICU and we're not sure whether we can rely on it on all
platforms. We may need to move the class to another module. See discussion in
the Qt development ML.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358