release schedule BoF

Vadim Zhukov persgray at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 14:48:25 BST 2013

2013/7/23 David Faure <faure at kde.org>:
>> tsdgeos:
>>     can someone please kick kdelibs people to fix the tests
>
> Hmm?
> http://build.kde.org/job/kdelibs_stable/ is very green.

Altough this gets a bit offtopic... Here is the exempt from my TODO
list (I had not enough time to investigate all tests yet). Running on
OpenBSD-CURRENT.

The following tests FAILED:
          6 - kdecore-karchivetest (Failed)             # buggy test
(at minimum group ID inheritance specifics)
          7 - kdecore-kdirwatch_unittest (Failed)       # looks like
buggy test (uses QFSWatch?!)
         11 - kdecore-kstandarddirstest (Failed)        # probably a
buggy test (symlink already resolved after resourceDirs() call)
         22 - kdecore-ktimezonestest (Failed)           # buggy test
         38 - kdecore-kservicetest (Failed)             # XXX needs
konsole and baseapps
         45 - kdecore-ktcpsockettest (Failed)           # buggy test
         46 - kdecore-ksycocathreadtest (Failed)        # XXX needs Kate
         51 - kdecore-kmimetype_nomimetypes (Failed)    # buggy test
         55 - kdecore-klocalsocketservertest (Failed)   # OpenBSD does
not support abstract UNIX sockets
        105 - kptyprocesstest (Failed)                  # buggy test
(execute should not be used for KPtyProcess)

That's not all the failed tests - there are 60+ more, that's just
tests I as able investigate till now. I want to finish that work, make
patches where applicable and put 'em on reviewboard. But I think you
should know.

You see, from the 10 failing tests investigated:
1 test (correctly) fail because underlying OS does not support the feature.
2 tests require some stuff that itself depends on kdelibs - not a big
deal, but it's definitely not The Good Thing.
7 other tests are just buggy.

Just my two tes^H^H^Hcents.
--
  WBR,