kdelibs unittests

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jul 23 15:07:08 BST 2013

On Tuesday 23 July 2013 17:48:25 Vadim Zhukov wrote:
> 2013/7/23 David Faure <faure at kde.org>:
> >> tsdgeos:
> >>     can someone please kick kdelibs people to fix the tests
> >
> > Hmm?
> > http://build.kde.org/job/kdelibs_stable/ is very green.
>
> Altough this gets a bit offtopic... Here is the exempt from my TODO
> list (I had not enough time to investigate all tests yet). Running on
> OpenBSD-CURRENT.
>
> The following tests FAILED:
>           6 - kdecore-karchivetest (Failed)             # buggy test
> (at minimum group ID inheritance specifics)
>           7 - kdecore-kdirwatch_unittest (Failed)       # looks like
> buggy test (uses QFSWatch?!)
>          11 - kdecore-kstandarddirstest (Failed)        # probably a
> buggy test (symlink already resolved after resourceDirs() call)
>          22 - kdecore-ktimezonestest (Failed)           # buggy test
>          38 - kdecore-kservicetest (Failed)             # XXX needs
> konsole and baseapps
>          45 - kdecore-ktcpsockettest (Failed)           # buggy test
>          46 - kdecore-ksycocathreadtest (Failed)        # XXX needs Kate
>          51 - kdecore-kmimetype_nomimetypes (Failed)    # buggy test
>          55 - kdecore-klocalsocketservertest (Failed)   # OpenBSD does
> not support abstract UNIX sockets
>         105 - kptyprocesstest (Failed)                  # buggy test
> (execute should not be used for KPtyProcess)

In case you're not doing that yet: you need to install kdelibs and kde-runtime
first.

The dependencies on stuff from outside kdelibs have been reduced in the
frameworks branch, feel free to pick fixes from there if they help in the
stable branch. (e.g. the dependency on konsole and kate are removed iirc)

Alternatively, build the frameworks branch and run the tests as indicated on
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Building
These are more standalone already, although I'm sure you'll find more issues,
which I'm interested in.

> That's not all the failed tests - there are 60+ more, that's just
> tests I as able investigate till now. I want to finish that work, make
> patches where applicable and put 'em on reviewboard. But I think you
> should know.

Sounds good.

> You see, from the 10 failing tests investigated:
> 1 test (correctly) fail because underlying OS does not support the feature.
> 2 tests require some stuff that itself depends on kdelibs - not a big
> deal, but it's definitely not The Good Thing.
> 7 other tests are just buggy.

OK.