KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2013-w30

Kevin Ottens ervin+bluesystems at kde.org
Tue Jul 23 16:23:01 BST 2013

Hello everyone,

This is the minutes of the Week 30 KF5 meeting. As usual it has been held on
#kde-devel at 4pm Paris time.

Were present: ben2367, dfaure, miroslav, sandsmark, scarpino, sebas, steveire,
wojtask9 and myself.

Announcements:
 * Everyone update your qt5.git, we'll soon start to use new APIs which
appeared there;
 * KDEUI Crumble is very close to completion, focus is now on the Qt5
contributions and kdelibs cleanups until further notice;

Topics discussed:
 * ben2367 is waiting for the outcome of the variable vs target discussion,
he'll finish cleaning up our cmake files once that's settled;
 * he's also working on a script to produce the dependency tree of the
frameworks automatically;
 * he'll also look into the camel case includes generation;
 * dfaure is still working on QCommandLineParser and QUrl;
 * the KIO split is still on going: KIOCore is done, KIOWidgets to appear;
 * an issue arose regarding a Nepomuk dependency in KFileMetaDataWidget, needs
vHanda to help solve it;
 * miroslav plans more refactorings in threadweaver, this time coordinating
with the plasma-framework people to avoid breakages;
 * steveire waits for the dust to settle for the "variables vs targets"
discussion in our cmake files to write the guideline document (see below);
 * sansdsmark finishing KPtyProcess is still on-going;
 * scarpino removed the Macro*.cmake files to comply with the ECM_SiC page;
 * he also completed XmlGui;
 * sebas got a K_EXPORT_PLUGIN with Q_INTERFACE and Q_PLUGIN_METADATA support,
should be source compatible with existing plugins;
 * still some progress required for the json generation;
 * some of the plugins got ported in a branch;
 * wojtask9 is working on kmodifierkeyinfo port to XCB;
 * he'll look into LINK_PUBLIC/LINK_PRIVATE in our cmake files next;
 * ervin's QFileDialog patches are in;
 * QDateTime and QLineEdit patches almost there;
 * KCurrencyCode moved to kunitconversion;
 * KMessage moved to kcoreaddons;
 * kkernel_* moved to kde4support.

Action items still open:
 * [sandsmark] Finish the work on KPtyProcess
 * [steveire] Write a "CMake for frameworks" guideline in the wiki

If you got questions, feel free to ask.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net