QtMobility / QtLocation in Qt 5.2

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 18 14:04:10 BST 2013

On Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:10:30 John Layt wrote:
> The general opinion on the mapping module is that the current design
> is overkill for most apps who just need to show where the user is
> located and don't need whizzy 3D views or routing information, etc.

QtPosition sounds great to me; mapping, particularly given available
resources, would probably better be served by working with existing solutions
like Marble which are already very far along and usable.

Qt can’t be everything, and it doesn’t need to be. the inability to determine
those boundaries was one problem with QtMobility

--
Aaron J. Seigo