Releases in 3 months

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Jul 16 13:07:08 BST 2013

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> translations .. this will require some time spent with the translation
> maintainers to figure out what will work well for those efforts.

The risk here is that when branches which have been in preparation for a long
time are merged, or simply many branches are merged, the amount of new strings
can be quite big.

In this case, I think that having a way to inform translators in advance (i.e.
way before the freeze) is an important requirement.
It is also needed to help with the documentation writers, who would be
impacted as well and it could likely happen that they will be one release late.
Or at least, if the documentation is written on time, it is possible that
there won't be enough time for translating it in the same release. I don't see
how it can be easily solved (well, unless developers provide updates for the
documentation).

Ciao
--
Luigi