KDE/4.11 branched what to do with kde-workspace?

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Jul 10 13:19:18 BST 2013

On Wednesday 10 July 2013 01:25:06 Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 09, 2013 11:45:39 PM Martin Graesslin wrote:
> > * master is opened for feature development and will lead to Plasma
> > Workspaces  2 (or whatever the release will be called in the end).
>
> Does this mean that kde-workspace in master will exists, but with a
> different content (and I assume unstable)?
we have not yet talked about which branch we use. But just because we switch
to Qt 5 doesn't mean it will become unstable ;-)
> Does it mean the KDE 4.11 branch of kde-workspace will be needed even for
> "master" users (or for KDE >4.11)?
master is just a name one specifies in kdesrc-buildrc ;-) I don't think that
this really matters to anyone except the developers of kde-workspace. And if
we do important changes I'm sure e.g. Aaron will blog about it.

Cheers
Martin