Releases in 3 months

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Jul 9 20:15:54 BST 2013

On Tuesday 09 July 2013 09:36:00 andrea diamantini wrote:
> My idea about this concerns the way we let other people know aboout
> new features. I usually read our feature plan (e.g.
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.11_Feature_Plan).
> I think we could add one general page per project, similar to that
> one, listing:
> - the feature
> - the branch where it is developed
> - the developer
> - the milestone (eg: kde 4.12, october 2103) where developer thinks to
> merge/release.

IMHO there is a tool that's much better suited for this than a wiki:
Bugzilla. Yes, I'm talking about our lovely bug tracking tool. It offers
fields for all the information you want. The issue summary briefly
describes the feature, the branch could be listed in a custom field or
simply in the description, the developer is the assignee, target
milestones also exist.

What's missing are a few nice predefined queries and standardized
milestones to allow querying for them over all projects. But the most
important part is that the majority of developers makes use of this.
Otherwise, it will be as incomplete as the feature plans.

Regards,
Ingo