Releases in 3 months

andrea diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 08:36:00 BST 2013

My idea about this concerns the way we let other people know aboout new
features. I usually read our feature plan (e.g.
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.11_Feature_Plan).
I think we could add one general page per project, similar to that one,
listing:
- the feature
- the branch where it is developed
- the developer
- the milestone (eg: kde 4.12, october 2103) where developer thinks to
merge/release.

Having such a central place to know about others' work could help a lot
getting informed (i.e. testing the features you'd like to test and not
having master broken cause of feature X development while you are working
on feature Y merge) and eventually plan a new KDE SC release (you'll know
more or less when people thinks to release new features).
If you have interesting new things, people will love a "two months
release". On the other hand, releasing every six months just because the
scheduler says so grabs out some attention.

Just my 2 cents

--

Andrea Diamantini
WEB: http://www.adjam.org