openSUSE packagers' take on the 3 month release cycle

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Tue Jul 9 11:05:30 BST 2013

On Monday 08 July 2013 22:01:29 Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> We don't just run a sed rule on each spec (pkgbuild, in my case) file. We
> check for new dependencies (resp. dependencies not needed anymore), new
> modules (resp. modules not part of the SC anymore), build failure, etc...

Can't we do something so you don't have to hunt this down but instead just
read a list?

For build time dependencies, we could do something by looking for
find_package, and for runtime dependencies we should figure something out.

Our projects are a mess when it comes to runtime dependencies, why don't we
fix that for example?