Color Management in KDE

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Jan 22 06:43:07 GMT 2013

On Monday 21 January 2013 21:22:42 John Layt wrote:
> Thoughts?
thanks John for the long and well elaborated mail. It helped me understanding
the porblem better.

>From what you describe the supposed plugin based approach looks sane to me.
Having a D-Bus interface and a runtime dependency is the better solution IMHO.
Although KWin has color correction in 4.10 I have never been able to even test
it due to the dependency chain and my distribution not providing Oyranos but
colord is already installed (note KWin has only a runtime dependency to a
module I'm unable to build). That's quite a pity and if such an abstraction
helps to get color correction to more users it's the way to go.

--
Martin Gräßlin