Plans for SVN infrastructure shutdown

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun Jan 20 20:09:25 GMT 2013

Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi at kde.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 06:52:32PM -0300, Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
>>> http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/SVNInfrastructureShutdown
>
> Hi Oswald,
>

>> this whole thing ignores that svn is still simply the better option for
>> certain types of content - multimedia data in particular.
>
> Correct. We'll keep an eye on Git's progress in this area to see if
> anything workable comes up.
> If nothing does, we will adjust our plans as needed at the appropriate
> stage of the plan.

Does the rollback plan include also troubles or problems or bad feedback from
translators? The plan only says:

"The only exception are the translations. These will continue to happen via
subversion, but this will use the gitolite software as backend, in any case,
this will result in only minor changes for translators."

Can you please elaborate more about those changes? I haven't seen no
discussion on the relevant mailing list. I miss last Akademy as well, so maybe
it was discussed there, but it would be better to know what's going on before
it's too late