New lockscreen

vivo75 at gmail.com vivo75 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 10:53:33 GMT 2013

Il 10/01/2013 21:57, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
[...]
> disclaimer: i am not the maintainer of this component. i have contributed some
> minor things to its development. however, i'm obviously vested in the
> workspace in general.
>
> reverting is not going to happen at this point. but what i will do is spend
> tomorrow (and if necessary the next day) going through the various bug reports
> and fixing as many as is possible. none of them look attrociously difficult.

[...]

Aaron may I suggest to to start from Bug 310871, you already commented
on that,
Marco do you have idea when it started to behave this way?

On my system I've had it automatically enabled (no need for a
screenlocker here) and there is no way I can disable it.
Pay attention that it lock screen only after some time that could be
different from the screensaver activation time.

Rationale is that user that don't need it will really hate it if forced
to use it.

# Bug 310871 "Screen always locks (requires password) even if not
supposed to"

Best regards and thanks for giving us the best desktop and applications
out there.
Francesco R.