KDEREVIEW: Mangonel

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Tue Jan 8 20:08:11 GMT 2013

Dear Sirs and Madams,

Mangonel has just been moved to KDE Review.

Mangonel is a simple and lightweight application launcher in the vein of
Katapult from ye olde KDE 3 days, kind of reminiscent of the "task oriented"
UI for krunner, but dropping the slow krunner architecture in favour of a
simpler and more straightforward one that aims to give immediate feedback
to the user. So it doesn't do everything krunner does, but should be useful
for some people as either an alternative to or complement to krunner.

It was originally developed by Bart Kroon, but he is currently too busy to
work on it, so I got a go-ahead from him to clean it up for a proper release
with licenses and stuff (which I think it needs because it's pretty useful and
should be spread far and wide).

--
Martin Sandsmark
KDE