Plans for SVN infrastructure shutdown

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 22:00:11 GMT 2013

2013/1/2, Nicolás Alvarez <nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com>:
> So it's time to plan the shutdown of our SVN infrastructure. We have
> written a timeline for the SVN decomissioning, for tasks such as
> removing SVN support from secondary services, stop giving SVN access
> to new developers, disabling our anonsvn mirrors, and the final
> shutdown of svn.kde.org.
>
> But we need your feedback. Within the sysadmin team we had some
> discussions about what order or how soon to do certain steps. Surely
> the KDE community as a whole would have even more opinions to
> contribute :)
>
> The initial draft of the SVN shutdown plan is available on the community
> wiki:
> http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/SVNInfrastructureShutdown
>
> As you can see this is a long-term plan. None of this is written in
> stone; any feedback is welcome!

By the way (and this not necessarily speaking for the rest of the
sysadmin team), I consider the translation workflow out of scope for
this thread. Moving translations to Git, or deciding how to keep SVN
working for translators, is likely to be a big, complex, and
controversial topic. It's definitely worth discussing, but not here
and now; otherwise I think the rest of the topics would get shadowed.

--
Nicolás