Login for bug reporting

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Feb 7 10:10:35 GMT 2013

On Thursday, 2013-02-07, Teemu Rytilahti wrote:

> I'm not (yet) sure how the process works for Mozilla folks, but all the
> crashes are reported to a centralized place and aggregated afaik, all done
> without logging. The bug entries in their Bugzilla are then linked (and
> vice-versa?) to the crash reports, see https://crash-
> stats.mozilla.com/products/Firefox .

I met a guy from Mozilla on my flight back home from FOSDEM and his job is
doing statistic analysis on their crash reports to find those that happen most
often and then enter those as issues for the developers to look at.
So they definitely don't add all crash reports to their bug tracker.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring