Login for bug reporting

Teemu Rytilahti tpr at iki.fi
Thu Feb 7 00:58:14 GMT 2013

Hello,

Myriam Schweingruber wrote:

> I fully agree with Frank here, we already get way enough useless
> reports, please don't lower the barrier even more. IMHO it is already
> very easy to report a bug in BKO, much easier actually than in other
> bug trackers out there, and, unless you find a miracle solution to
> increase the number of triagers at least 10x the current number,
> lowering the barrier would also mean more bogus and spam. Please don't
> make our work harder than it already is.

What kind of reports are those useless ones? Dupes? Downstream bugs? Missing
information? In my opinion reporting bugs to b.k.o is not that easy (or I've
become lazy) as it should be and that's why I'm wondering..

Bogus & spam can probably be handled more or less automatically, when we
know what we want and what's are the problems currently.

--
Best Regards,
Teemu Rytilahti