kwalletmanager ui refactor

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Mon Feb 4 19:50:59 GMT 2013

On Sunday 03 February 2013 13:34:24 Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Sunday, February 03, 2013 14:50:33 Valentin Rusu wrote:
> >
> > During last days I finally sat down and did a ui-refactor and now
> > kwalletmanager handles all the wallets inside a single, KPageWidget based
> > design. A screen capture is far better than a hundred words so here it is:
> > http://imgur.com/MD3GDxO
>
> It looks great! One thing I'd add is that it seemed to inherit the old
> kwalletmanager size, which is too small for the new layout; perhaps ignore
> the old saved size and prefer sizeHint if the old size is < sizeHint (or
> just have a kconf_update script which removes the old saved size?)

Oh, that's not really the case. It's a size I arbitrarily decided :)
However, I'll add code to save window size to the rc file. I don't intend to
save window position though, to avoid troubles on multiple screens. Or perhaps
should I?

> P.S. For those wondering how best to review in the face of the source code
> being moved around, try this git command line:
>
> $ git diff -M -C origin/master..origin/ui-refactor
>
> -M tries to find renames, -C tries to find copies (not that there should be
> any here).
>
> If you just want to see a summary you can put add --stat (but you might want
> to try --stat=120 to use more width, other you'll only see partial renames)

Wonderful git tip!
However, the reviewer should keep in mind I started the ui-refactor just after
master commit f7ef5aa7cf2b35b3c942acc879 and since then I see two new commits
to master.

Thanks

--
Valentin Rusu (vrusu)