frameworks build instructions wrong / won't work with kubuntu 14.04

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Thu Dec 19 13:40:11 GMT 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Harald Sitter wrote:
>
>> xnox was nice enough to look into this in detail and identified the
>> problem as having a much smaller scope than I had originally thought.
>
> 1) What is the problem?

Essentially this change:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/159659245/cmake_2.8.12.1-1ubuntu1_2.8.12.1-1ubuntu2.diff.gz

As far as I understand it (which isn't very far)
a) it includes ubuntu's MultiArchCross.cmake toolchain all the time
for just about every cmake project
b) semi-hardcodes qmake/moc/rcc to the system Qt path
/usr/lib/$architecturetriplet/... when env DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH is set
(which apparently is always the case when building a package on
ubuntu)

Should be fixed as per:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/160197164/cmake_2.8.12.1-1ubuntu2_2.8.12.1-1ubuntu3.diff.gz

> 2) Why does the package creation result in broken cmake files generated from
> the Qt tarball?

The files (or rather paths set in there) are simply overridden as per
the cross compilation stuff described above. Since you want the host
architecture tooling (e.g. i386) but the qt cmake config would point
to the target tooling (e.g. arm), so it's a matter of incomplete logic
of when to force these values as the main env var is set all the time.
But I suggest you ask xnox directly about the motivation behind the
toolchain file.

HS