‘const class KFileItem’ has no member named ‘isFinalIconKnown’

towelday towelday at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 21 16:54:43 BST 2013

I am not able to build kde-baseapps on lfs7.3

[  4%] Building CXX object
dolphin/src/CMakeFiles/dolphinprivate.dir/kitemviews/kfileitemmodelrolesupdater.o
/sources/blfs/kde-baseapps-4.10.2/dolphin/src/kitemviews/kfileitemmodelrolesupdater.cpp:
In member function ‘bool
KFileItemModelRolesUpdater::applyResolvedRoles(const KFileItem&,
KFileItemModelRolesUpdater::ResolveHint)’:
/sources/blfs/kde-baseapps-4.10.2/dolphin/src/kitemviews/kfileitemmodelrolesupdater.cpp:999:42:
error: ‘const class KFileItem’ has no member named ‘isFinalIconKnown’

Removing || !item.isFinalIconKnown() from line 999 in the source file I
am able to build kde-baseapps.

KDE is running now, but I keep getting:
Could not find mime types:
“inode/directory”
“inode/blockdevice”
“inode/chardevice”
“inode/socket”
“inode/fifo”
“application/x-shellscript”
“application/x-executable”
“application/x-desktop”

upon start of kde (Nepomuk is the first to complain) or when I start
Dolhin.

So my hacking the source code is not the solution I want, any ideas on
what is going wrong in my build?