Results of the freedesktop summit

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Apr 16 14:55:23 BST 2013

On terça-feira, 16 de abril de 2013 14.06.19, David Faure wrote:
> 5) Sync up between kernel and desktop people about dbus
>
> When I arrived, Lennart was showing details of his current implementation
> of  DBus into the Linux Kernel.
> This was mostly too low-level for me (and arriving in the middle of it
> didn't  help), but what I learned was the big plan around this, the idea of
> contained applications for security, with the kernel as intermediary (with
> security policies) between the secure app and the rest of the world (see
> also next item).
> Thiago, if you're not yet following this topic, I have a strong feeling
> that  you should

I would be, if the people working on (kernel) D-Bus had decided to talk to the
(current) D-Bus people. They haven't, despite my asking several times.

At this point, I'm calling this a Lennart hijack of the project. I'll ambush
Greg K-H here in San Francisco and ask them to come forward with their
details.

This is getting silly.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358