Use of bin versus libexec

Jonathan Marten jjm2 at keelhaul.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 10:42:07 BST 2012

After a lot of discussion, is seems that there are some executables
(as per Thiago's list) that can be moved out.  For others
(e.g. Akonadi) it is problematic because there is no standardization
on the location for a "system-wide" libexec as per David's comments
below, so they will have to stay unless a better solution can be
found.

I'm willing to do some work on those that can be moved, but would it
be acceptable to do such changes (in trunk) at this stage - or would
they have to wait for the next major release (i.e. "KDE 5")?

Regards, Jonathan

--
Jonathan Marten                         http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk
Twickenham, UK                          jjm2 at keelhaul.demon.co.uk