Use of bin versus libexec

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Fri Sep 21 15:13:20 BST 2012

On 2012-09-20, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> We really need a FHS addition for libexec.

not really. the libexec executables is in general a implementation
detail of the given library.

We have the rare case in KDE that we actually call other libraries'
executables, which is a different thing, and one I have the impression
is declining a bit.

..and by sharing libexec locations between unrelated libraries, we get
the joys of possible collisions, of executing other libraries
implementation details by accident with all the mess that is created by
that.

/Sune