strigi xml analyzers

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Mon Sep 17 11:04:59 BST 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk> wrote:

> On Mandag den 17. september 2012 15:02:59 Vishesh Handa wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk> wrote:
> > > This is probably the wrong forum to ask, but can someone point me to
> > > examples
> > > of strigi analyzers for xml files, for example svg or other xml based
> > > types? I
> > > gave up finding them in projects.kde.org :(
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > It would be best if you just directly looked at the existing analyzers in
> > the libstreamanalyzers repository [1].
>
> Thanks a lot! :)
>
> > Could you elaborate on the kind of stuff you're looking to do? I ask
> cause
> > if you're looking to writing a special file analyzer that can be used in
> > Nepomuk, strigi may no longer be an option.
>
> I would like to write something that can get metadata from gpx files, so
> that I
> can see it in dolphin and elsewhere. Gpx files are GPsExchange files,
> containing
> waypoints, tracks and routes, and I would like to be able to see what/how
> much
> data, dates, bounding box and things like that.
>
> If there is a better way than writing a streamanalyzer plugin, I'll be
> happy
> to know :)

There is .. but it is still in the works. For < 4.10, strigi is the way to
go. If you can wait till the end of the week, it would be amazing. I still
need to work out some details of the replacement.

However, for you the main part will be parsing the Gpx files and figuring
out how to store them in Nepomuk. You'll have to look at the ontologies and
figure out (discuss with us - nepomuk mailing list) how and what to store.
That is going to be the most time consuming process.

Actually pushing the data into Nepomuk is very trivial once you have all
this figured out.

--
Vishesh Handa