strigi xml analyzers

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Sep 17 10:52:30 BST 2012

On Mandag den 17. september 2012 15:02:59 Vishesh Handa wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk> wrote:
> > This is probably the wrong forum to ask, but can someone point me to
> > examples
> > of strigi analyzers for xml files, for example svg or other xml based
> > types? I
> > gave up finding them in projects.kde.org :(
>
> Hi
>
> It would be best if you just directly looked at the existing analyzers in
> the libstreamanalyzers repository [1].

Thanks a lot! :)

> Could you elaborate on the kind of stuff you're looking to do? I ask cause
> if you're looking to writing a special file analyzer that can be used in
> Nepomuk, strigi may no longer be an option.

I would like to write something that can get metadata from gpx files, so that I
can see it in dolphin and elsewhere. Gpx files are GPsExchange files, containing
waypoints, tracks and routes, and I would like to be able to see what/how much
data, dates, bounding box and things like that.

If there is a better way than writing a streamanalyzer plugin, I'll be happy
to know :)

--
Anders