What is the git workflow for kdelibs ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Oct 30 17:42:13 GMT 2012

On Tuesday 30 October 2012, John Layt wrote:
> On 30 Oct 2012 11:23, "David Jarvie" <djarvie at kde.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > No (I described it in an email some time ago, but it's not on any wiki)
> > > If you have an idea for where we could document it, I will then push
>
> other
>
> > > module maintainers to also write up the git workflow they want to see,
> > > since I
> > > myself have the same question in other modules.
> > >
> > > I think community.kde.org would be the right place (it's internal, it
> > > doesn't
> > > affect KDE app devels outside of git.kde.org), but all I can see about
>
> git
>
> > > is
> > > http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual
> > > which is more about the technical setup.
> > >
> > > Maybe start a new webpage at the toplevel of community.kde.org?
> > > GitWorkflowForEachModule? :-)
> >
> > Wouldn't techbase be more appropriate? It's technical information, plus
> > techbase is where other policies are kept.
> >
> > I must say that the split between community.kde.org and techbase.kde.org
> > isn't very satisfactory because the boundaries are blurred, and it's easy
> > to miss information if it's in the other one from what you expect it to
> > be in.
>
> We have a section on TecBase for Git related documentation, and I think our

I'm very much for having this on techbase.
Personally I can't find anything on community.kde.org except I have the direct
link or searching turns up something.

> Git workflow is needed information for anyone attempting to access our
> repos so belongs on TechBase.  See techbase.kde.org/Developmemt/Git where
> I've linked under Policy to various proposals.

So a section "KDE git workflows" on this page
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Git ?
Where it is basically documented how it is currently used ?

> We also need to formally
> update the old SVN Commit Policy to reflect the new age, I did start on it
> but stalled waiting for the kdelibs workflow to be finalised.

I have the impression that in the meantime we (...ok, not me) should simply
document the current state of things.

Alex