Moving libkfacebook to extragear

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Mon Oct 29 07:28:31 GMT 2012

On Monday, 2012-10-29, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 8:03 PM, Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:
> > > This is for the parsing purposes - the library uses QJson
> > > parser/mapper, which automagically maps the received json data to
> > > qobjects, otherwise there would have to be manual parsing everywhere
> > > (and the facebook jsons are huge), which means more code, more error
> > > possibilities, more maintaining requirement and worse readability
> > > (compared to two lines
> >
> > QJson
> >
> > > mapper). So I'd like to leave this one as is.
> >
> > I haven't had a look at the QJson library internals (yet), but from its
> > usage
> > it looks like that it is only using instances of those QObject classes to
> > provide a convenient mapper of map keys to conversion functions (the
> > property
> > setters).
> >
> > This would make them an internal implementation detail, something more
> > convenient than manually writing a mapping of string to function pointer
> > but
> > also just private.
> >
> > As I said I'll have a look into QJson, but unless I am gravely mistaken
> > it only needs such QObjects as a generic accessor API, not as the actual
> > data object.
>
> Thanks. I fixed all the issues you pointed out except this one.

I think you can remove m_accessToken, m_path and m_queryItems from
FacebookJob.
Access token and path are already set on m_url and addQueryItem can be
implemented to just call m_url.addQueryItem().

Also, virtual void start() = 0 is already part of KJob's API, so not needed
again.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring