Requiring cmake 2.8.9 for kdelibs 4.10 ?

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Oct 5 07:06:36 BST 2012

On Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:49:34 PM Stephen Kelly wrote:
> The distros people are using to develop KDE 4.10 ship with CMake 2.8.7 (eg
> latest Ubuntu). I think that's a more significant fact.

it is hard to understand for me why this is a so hard argument. Building KDE
already requires quite some things to build, upgrading a cmake is really one
of the painless things. And it is not like we require a new version every
month. If new features from 2.8.8 are needed, let's jump directly to it, the
oldest version that has the required features.

Andras