Moving Trojitá to extragear

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Wed Nov 21 18:43:13 GMT 2012

Hi,
thanks for your encouragement. Trojitá, a fast IMAP e-mail client (homepage [1], more in-depth look [2], the KDE project page [3]) has spent the last week or so under playground and was just moved to kdereview (thanks to sysadmins for their excellent turnaround time). I'd appreciate people taking a look at the code [4]; I'm looking forward to your feedback. I'm hereby requesting a review for a move below the extragear/pim.

I've got a few questions or comments:

1) User's docs. Is it a hard requirement to have a documentation basically describing how the menus look like?

2) Krazy issues. I'm in the process of fixing many of them, but there are quite a few false positives. I've been told by the maintainers that some of them (like calling a QByteArray::startsWith(const char *)) are basically unfixable in the current Krazy. My opinion is that maintaining explicit excludes for these kinds of issues is not something which I would love to do. What's the consensus in KDE -- are these issues showstoppers?

3) Internationalization. The applciation uses QObject::tr(), not i18n() calls as it does not link to the KDE libraries. As I've outlined in my original e-mail, being able to build without KDE is something that I do not want to break. I've heard that there are options for making this work, I plan to investigate this in depth.

Looking forward to your comments and feedback.

With kind regards,
Jan

[1] http://trojita.flaska.net/
[2] https://projects.flaska.net/projects/trojita/wiki/Trojita