kde-workspace/4.9 messed up

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 14:56:51 GMT 2012

Christoph Feck wrote:

> On Sunday 11 November 2012 12:00:05 Pino Toscano wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> somehow the master branch of kde-workspace has been merged in the
>> KDE/4.9 branch, with obvious consequences.
>> Can anyone please fix this mess?
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> Uh oh, I think I did "git reset origin/HEAD --hard" in the 4.9 branch,
> to get rid of an initial commit I made in that branch. So HEAD doesn't
> refer to the remote head in the current branch, but always to the head
> of master?

Something like that. It's similar to the mess that was just fixed yesterday
in kdelibs:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/76984

Amazing that two people make the same mistake in such a short time, after
such a long time without a similar issue.

Someone needs to force-push the branch. Sysadmin knows what to do, so please
talk to them to get it fixed.

Thanks,

Steve.